Stop telling me what you eat!!


I came to the conclusion that getting the full report of what someone eats and does for exercise extremely annoying!! I know we live in a culture of validation obsessed people, I get it, but for fuck's sake I don't and, believe me, no one cares about how amazingly you eat.

Validation is the fuel that keeps us going, I can agree on that for a little bit, otherwise why would you even bother with Instagram and the number of likes and followers you get in that well planned picture!! 

Validation takes so many forms and styles and it can sometimes or most of the times, stop us from being true to ourself and others, which to me is incredibly frustrating. More often then not I overhear conversations about food preferences and especially diet theories and I think to myself, why the fuck are you telling everyone you're only drinking smoothies all day long, why are you telling everyone that now you are eating a more "healthy" diet, do you want a prize, do you want to feel good about yourself by shaming others, what is your deal!?

But  I've realized that there must some sort of internal dilema and the need to add more freaks in someone's life to tag or call friend. I know validation is a bitch, the sense of belonging and being part of a group make us more confident, motivated and engaged that's for sure, but for how long can you keep telling to yourself you're doing the right thing, and that you're not just following another stupid trend!!

With all honesty no one cares about what you eat, no one even wants to know you're in a diet or on the gym all week, because we have our own believes and we don't need others trends and theories, and also, we don't want to feel pressured. Because after a simple suggestion of how incredibly healthy you have been, there's the sudden feeling of comparison, and depression for not doing the same!!

So the next time someone tell you anything about food that just make you uncomfortable just say, no one give a fuck, switch off and ignore, because you do not need other peoples believes and ideas being throw at you like rice in a stupid wedding.


Cheers!!



Comments

Popular Posts